So much work to do...


In the process of moving, and planning out my new apartment, I've decided to part with my favorite desk. I've had it for about 6 years. Found it at Volunteers of America in Lansing for about $10 when I moved into my first place in Lansing, the duplex on Hillcrest. The legs fold up, and it's been so easy to move! I also found an amazing chair to match for $5. With some vintage contact paper added to the back, it made the perfect desk set. It's been with me for so long, has seen it's share of apartments.

Stella at my apartment in Muskegon, getting in my way while I was working.


Such a great chair!

My sister, Rachael, really likes it and it would be perfect for her laptop. I really need something bigger. So I'm just going to give it to her. Then she can finally get some computer speakers hooked up and listen to her iTunes library on something other than laptop speakers. She drives me crazy with that Rod Stewart bs, haha. 

Plus, I'm super excited to shop for something new! I've always worked this desk into my space, never considering I needed something else to maximize productivity. I'm going to start with furniture resale shops, thrift stores, and consignment stores. I can't wait to see what I find. 

I'd like to stick with my walnut theme. My spare bedroom is going to be my sewing room, photography studio, guest bedroom and craft room.

My sewing table is a walnut top with black legs from IKEA, pictured above. I'm thinking about getting another one of these, but longer for a cutting table, or just as a second work table, and set it up adjacent to the sewing table.

This EXPEDIT Station from IKEA would match it perfectly, and it's only $119.

Need to start shopping around and, most importantly, I NEED TO START PACKING!



I just bought the cutest salt and pepper shakers, hugging kitties! I bought two sets since shipping was so expensive and the shakers themselves are only $2.99! What a deal!

The other set is blue. I don't know what color my kitchen is going to be. Whichever one I don't use I'll probably give to Rachael. I can't wait to get these!!

Comments

Popular Posts