Sew Much Talent

Back to my normal morning routine for the first time in what feels like a million years. Getting up and ready for work. Enjoying my Kroger version of Raisin Bran Crunch and checking my morning emails. Updating Facebook, and if I'm feeling ambitious, as I am today, I write in my blog. 

Just got a comment on my last entry from Alethia, creator/moderator of SewMuchTalent.com. I am the featured member right now! It is a local networking website for seamstresses and dressmakers. Alethia just had a huge milestone, reaching her 2nd birthday for the site!


It's a great networking site for local sewers and crafters. I should really feature Alethia on my blog. She is quite the seamstress and I'm sure she'd have an amazing tutorial to share with everyone. For anyone who is local and in the CSRA (Central Savannah River Area) join SMT



Also, my friend Liberty and I moderate a Facebook group called CRAFTcsra. It is for locals artisans to share their ideas, work, organize functions. We are new but already have about 40 members. I can't wait to meet everyone in the group; there are so many talented people that have joined! It's great to have other creative minds to bounce ideas off of, and to see what talent is just around the corner. We are putting together a fabric swap, hopefully for next weekend in Evans. 

I've never lived in such an area as this where people are so passionate about the arts. Well, my mother is like rolling everyone in this community together since she's such a strong creative mind, but her aside, this town is full of so many amazing people. Everyone always asks me, "why did you move here?!" like there is something wrong with this town. I guess they just don't realize how awesome it is here. Plus it's the south... umm... NO SNOW! My last year in Michigan we had over 100 inches of snow. And for three days, I was snowed in at my apartment. I'll take Georgia over that, thank-you-very-much.

Time to finish getting ready for work. Long day of bridal fittings and sewing. Yay! I love my job! 

Comments

  1. LOL yeah Sal why did you move here? haha Because Michigan's economy is doing so well right? ;)
    I think most people that have never lived with snow and in the cold don't always appreciate the warm weather of the south. Oh well...
    So glad you love your job sewing!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts