A Wedding Gown Makeover

Okay guys, this is a very exciting project I'm so happy to finally share. Anyone that follows me on Instagram has seen the project in snippets here and there. Ana, the owner of Revolve Vintage & Modern gave me this dress last month for my project with Black Sheep Bride. My goal: remake a wedding dress for a photo shoot to highlight local business, brush up on my bridal sewing, and relieve myself from the hustle and bustle of sewing handbags and general work.

Let me tell you, it felt so good to work on a bridal gown again! This 80s gown was screaming, "Make me beautiful." 
 Before: puffy shoulders, floor length, choker.

 Floor length train, lace, sheer back, buttons up the back, ivory in color, approximate size zero.

  American made. By Yolanda.

First step, I removed the sleeves. Cut off the length and made it tea length. That neckline is begging to be cut up as well!


Using the length removed from the skirt, I remade the bodice. Clem also says hello.

So hours and hours later, this is the finished product. (VIDEO HERE!) And ta da! It's the most beautiful dress! Can you believe it's the same gown? Wish a new sweetheart neckline, cut to tea length, a crinoline beneath the skirt, it's a completely new look. I was so happy to spend night after night sewing away and working on this gown. It will be available in my Etsy shop soon, along with more wedding gowns. Hopefully, I can get my hands on more hideous gowns to remade and beautify. 

Tomorrow, more pictures from the shoot and some behind the scenes! Check back for more photos and be sure to check out Black Sheep Bride!

Comments

  1. Let me tell you, it felt so good to work on a bridal gown again! This 80s gown was screaming, "Make me beautiful." gothic prom dresses 2013

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing, your post is so useful.

    http://www.sweetquinceaneradress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love these wonderful photos,and they are so cool
    dmsdresses.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts