Thrifting in Muskegon


It's what I've been missing, Valueland. My favorite thrift store in Muskegon. I've been shopping here since I can remember. It opened when I was 9 or 10 maybe. It's where I bought most of my high school clothes, my wedding dress (yes, I already have it, bought it when I was 18 for $10), the love seat of all love seats that I had in my dorm and first apartments, dishes and home accessories I still have, and more. It's an amazing store! We had the best time here last time I was home.


After 15 minutes, our cart was already filling up!


Looking at jewelry. The best part about this store, they always have things 50% off their marked price. This week, all white and green tags were on sale. Some thrift stores coordinte their color coded tags with the time they're been there, so you only get the leftover things on sale, but Vlueland is completely random, and it changes every week. I used to love going on Mondays and getting the things I had passed on the week before that would then be half off!



And isn't it great how everything is sorted by color! The woman who runs this store is also named Sally, I think that explains it. She's a smart lady. It's funny when they yell for her and I turn my head. Not many Sallys in the world these days.


An added bonus, my best friend from college and roommate, Stephanie was in Muskegon for the day! She is a lawyer in Detriot and had some meetings in town for the banks she represents. Perfect timing! I haven't seen her since we went to Vegas last year. It had been way too long. We picked out some fun clothes, caught up a little on things we've missed in the last year.


A Pengo silk screen canvas Rachael was dying to get. She has a thing for sailboats. It was $25, but the trouble would be getting it home to Florida. I think she should have bought it anyways. Maybe we'll go back and it will still be there. It's an off-brand Marushka, silk screen canvases from the 60s and 70s. They were really popular back then, and they were made right here in West Michigan. I have been collecting Marushkas over the years and I have a few Pengos at home as well.


Isn't this bathing suit amazing?! I really hope it fits. The elastic along the top needs to be replaced, but otherwise it should fit. I may have to take it in a little, but that's not too hard. I love the print! The only problem I foresee is it being too short for my long torso. We'll see.


A little key chain phone book. If I didn't have a cell phone this would be really handy. I could have gotten it but I can't get everything that is awesome and clever. Have to curtail my hoarding habits when I can.


A cute new necklace and Stephanie and I. We didn't take many pictures since Rachael got out her DSLR and we realized I never replaced the memory card. Ha. Oops. My iPhone sufficed. I'm so glad I got to see Stephanie! AND SHE'S COMING TO VISIT ME IN GEORGIA SOON! Ah! I can't wait. I really missed her.

We went to Joan's Upscale Resale after Valueland and Rachael found a really cute dress for the wedding this weekend. I bought a little hat, shoes, and a purse throughout the day of shopping. So we're ready to go. I just have to drop my dress off at the dry cleaners and figure out how to do an updo with the little white wedding hat I bought. 

I can't wait! Don't worry, I'll be sure to post pictures. How is everyone's week going so far?

Pictures taken by Rachael.

Comments

  1. The first thing I noticed was the sorting by color! That's so amazing. I love a well organized thrift store, actually any store. I love going back home to my old favorites too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really appreciate you for posting such a great Blog. There are various advantages of using banner stands to display the image of the company or brand as it is the most effective display tool.

    Poster displays

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts