Shelby's Debut at Riverside Arts Market

 This weekend was Shelby's debut! It was amazing! Riverside Arts Market takes place every Saturday in Riverside, a cute little historic neighborhood in Jacksonville. The market features up to 200 booths from local food vendors, farmers, artists, and more. This past weekend was special, being River Rukus, an extended RAM, going until 9PM, versus the regular 4PM. We stayed all day, 10AM-9PM, selling all my handmade wares out of Shelby and meeting locals.

RAM also features live music, food, and plenty of things to keep you busy, and informed of local non-profits in the community. This will be something we attend every weekend, toting Shelby along to showcase all my newest works. 

Matt covering the event. Stay tuned for the next post, a video debut of Shelby and her interior! Thank goodness for Matt. I can't wait for y'all to see her gorgeous wood interior! The best part about her debut, aside from showing off all my new pieces and having a show, was meeting new people in Jacksonville. We haven't exactly made many friends since we work everyday. I can't wait to make more artist friends and get to know more people. Also, it was so funny when so many men that intrigued with Shelby. We even got a few offers on selling her. No thank you. She's ours! Everyone loved her!

Sales were great, and my inventory is even kind of on the small side, since my focus has been finishing Shelby. This week, when we get back home, I have a ton of sewing ahead of me!

Currently, we're back in Augusta, Georgia, staying with Matt's family for a quick vacation and spending Matt's mother's birthday hanging out at the pool, recuperating from the weekend. It's nice to finally sleep in past 6 AM. Man, we were exhausted after the last few weeks of getting her perfect for the show, and hosting our closest friends for the weekend as well. 

I can't wait to get back to Jax and sew new work for a few commissioned pieces for a few customers at the market, and make new things. I'm thinking more skirts, tanks, dresses, and more purses of course! Hooray work is going so well. I hope y'all are as excited about Shelby as we are. 

Have a great week!

Comments

  1. Ahhh!! Her big debut! How exciting!
    I'm glad the event went well. Selling your goods with Shelby by your side must have been a proud moment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sally, you rock. The hair, the trailer, the market. You're doing it girl. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts