In the Studio: Behind the Scenes with the Hotel Collection

When I found a hideously beautiful Saks Fifth Avenue Blazer at a local thrift shop, it called to me, "Make me pretty again!" And I love a good challenge. Paired with a yellow carry-on, the two complete a limited edition collection from Sally Ann. Every usable piece is sewn to create a collection of gorgeous, one-of-a-kind pieces. So far, I've finished five pieces. All are available in our Etsy shop.

Small collections are so wonderful, aren't they? I love the story behind a bag, and it truly makes for an original piece unlike any other. I mean, that blazer was never going to see the light of day again. Who knows how long it had been at the thrift shop, and the print was too good to pass up. The carry-on, I purchased at the same estate sale where I purchased my vintage Brother sewing machine, and the teacher tote that made the recently listed Teacher Foldover Handbag.

Please pass along this collection to your friends. Share the video. As a small business, and one woman show, we can't survive without you guys, and all our supporters!

Comments

Popular Posts