Sewing A Camera Strap

When it comes to sewing, the possibilities are endless. You dream up a design, you can do it! I love sewing things that aren't a part of my normal inventory and repertoire, and to have the freedom to create a custom one-of-a-kind surprise piece for a customer is one of my favorite things. 

My friend, Jessica, of Jax Vegan Love, has been in the market for a new camera strap for a while, and we've been talking about it for months. Finally, I was able to get my hands on the cord and hardware necessary to recreate a camera strap to replace the boring Nikon strap that came with her camera. 
Using scrap upholstery fabric, scrap faux leather (she is vegan after all, so she appreciates cutting out leather), and knowing that Jessica was a fan of chevron fabric, I made her the above camera strap. She was over the moon in love with it, and at the end of the week, it goes with her on her 9 day trip to London! 

What is your favorite thing to sew?

Comments

  1. Thanks for the information... I really love your blog posts... specially those on Tamil Cinema

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts