Holidazzle

After a quick coffee stop at my local GATE gas station at 7AM this past Saturday, I was off to the longest market day of the year, Holidazzle. The regular market day every Saturday at Riverside Arts Market is from 10AM to 4PM. A 10 hour day every week, no biggie. But THIS week, it was extended even later. Opening up at 10AM, the market stayed open extra late for the holiday shoppers, all the vendors decorated their booths with holiday lights, and we stayed open for shopping all the way until 9PM. Man, a long day it was, but so much fun! When 9PM came, I almost didn't want to pack up, we were having so much fun!

My favorite little seamstress and aspiring fashion designer, Ella, came by and helped out for a bit. You may recognize her from my recent post. She bagged up customer purchases, straightened racks, and more. I can't wait until I get back from winter vacation, and she and I will have a sewing date. I think we're going to make a jersey cotton skirt with an elastic waistband.

And my assistant is the best ever. She made a new standing sign for the booth! Isn't it wonderful. One side reads "Sally Ann Handmade Fashion Est. 2009" and the other "Sally Ann Mobile Fashion Boutique Est. 2013". And the holiday lights made the booth so festive. I think I'm finally in the holiday spirit! 

Special thanks to everyone that came by and donated a sewing machine. I was able to hand out two machine this weekend, and take in four more! That brings out total to 8 machines in the past week and a half. If you have a machine laying around, not in use and no use in it's foreseeable future, we'd love to take it off your hands and find a young pupil in need of a machine. 

Happy Holidays friends!

And be sure to check out our Etsy shop this week, orders must be placed before Thursday, December 18th to arrive by Christmas!

Comments

Popular Posts