Sustainable Infinity Scarves Made From Vintage Mumu


Sunday yard sales paid off for real this time. One mumu purchased from a local yard sale was transformed last night in my sewing room. My apologies for the grainy photos above in the before & after, cell phone pics and low lighting aren't a good combo. Regardless, the scarves are beautiful. Carefully, I deconstructed the mumu, slicing the 'dress' into four quarters, cutting at the center front, center back, and ripping out the side seams. Sewing all four long pieces together, I then had one long, long strip of beautiful slippery polyster goodness. The long length of fabric was long enough for three gorgeous infinity scarves. Check them out in my Etsy shop.



And the best part -- the hidden elephant print. I didn't even know it was elephants until halfway through sewing! Brown and white elephant hide amongst the flowers. These three and other infinity scarves, mostly made from vintage and second hand clothing, can be found in my Etsy shop here.

Comments

Popular Posts