Sewing Lessons With Sida and Madie

Do you want to learn how to sew, and live in the North Florida area? Well, you're in luck! I now offer one-on-one sewing lessons. Purchase them in my Etsy shop, and I can come to you. Also, depending on my inventory of donated machines, I can get you a sewing machine to KEEP! 
Siddalee and Madigan, best friends and both 11 years-old, were gifted sewing lessons for Christmas. Last Sunday, I brought each girl a machine and fabric for our lesson. Sida and Maddie have already been draping fabric on a dress form, and sewing on a child's sewing machine, so they were on the right track to tackle a full size machine. It's an understatement to say these girls were great. Not only were they super excited about learning how to sew, they were such fast learners! They took all my instructions and applied their new skills faster than I expected. Using scrap fabric from the fashion truck challenge TV shoot, we made fully lined tote bags!

To make the bags, we used one paper grocery sack to cut out the pattern, with only four pieces of fabric, the lining, the exterior, and two straps. After the lesson, I left them with the pattern we used so they can make more for gifts and to keep practicing. Next lesson, I'm sure they'll be sewing straighter lines, and becoming more proficient at their machines.
 I'm super excited to have another lesson with these girls in a few weeks. I think we're going to make a skirt with a simple elastic waistband. For more information on our lessons, email me at Sallyannfashion@gmail.com.

Comments

Popular Posts