Start of summer

Can you believe it's already the end of May? Gah! How did this happen?
Yesterday my friend, Sarah, and I hosted a birthday party for our friend Reuben. We had planned on grilling at her pool, drinking a few cocktails, swimming, and all around fun. Sadly, Georgia weather wasn't cooperating and we spent most of the day indoors. It was mostly overcast and a bit chilly (chilly for us being mid 70s ha).
Sarah just moved into a luxury apartment with a great pool! The water felt amazing. I got to wear my new bathing suit! I, of course, was the only one that went swimming. Everyone else decided the water as too cold. Silly Southerners. I would swim in Lake Michigan if it is above 50 degrees; I love to swim! As soon as you get out of the water, the sun warms you up! And the pool was was probably 65. Lake Michigan is that warm at the END of the summer! 
It was nice spending the day just enjoying each other's company and drinking a few cocktails. We managed to spend a little over an hour at the pool and milked the sun until it finally went behind some trees, not to return until the next day.
Now time to start my work week. I have so much to do before I go back to Michigan this weekend. I'm returning home to visit my family and attend my cousins wedding. My entire trip will be 9 days. I can't wait to see my family, my mom, my brother, my dad, my sister. I haven't been home since last July. 
Unfortunately, my older sister won't be making it back to Michigan for the wedding since she lives in Hawaii, but I just heard from her today that she will be visiting me in Georgia in June! She better be ready for the heat! Haha. She is going to be miserable. But she'll get to spend time with me so maybe she will tolerate the heat for a few days.
Oh yeah. And this is the new toy I bought this weekend. Last week when it was in the 90s I was miserable in my apartment. And I refuse to turn on my AC until June. When I went to the Apple Store last week I fell in love with the idea of blogging in places other than my apartment. I love the Mac Air but I already have an iMac and can't justify spending $1000 on something that isn't my primary computer.
So I bought this used 12-inch Powerbook G4. I got a great deal on craigslist. I figured someone who had a Powerbook just lying around not being used had loved it for years, and then upgraded to a Macbook Pro. They must have taken great care of it. And he did. He even gave me a wireless mouse! Voila. Problem solved! Now I can go sit at New Moon and drink iced coffees and blog on the patio. Such fun.
Now time to clean, sew, mail out recent orders, photograph new items! AH! Busy week! AND I still have to work at the bar everyday this week. I just have to keep thinking "I'll be out of here soon!" to motivate me to finish all my tasks.
Happy Monday everyone!

Comments

Popular Posts