Organic Blueberries with Fresh Jax

Blueberry season is upon us, and so much earlier than I've ever seen. Guess I'm used to September blueberry picking with my dad up in Michigan. He and I would go and pick buckets and buckets, and then I'd make him pie for days. Obviously it's warmer here in Florida, and my friends Hillary and Jason invited me to join them for a trip Harriet's Bluff, a farm right across the border into south Georgia, for some early morning blueberry picking. And bonus: it was an organic farm!

Jason and Hillary own and operate Fresh Jax, a Jacksonville based wellness company that focuses on healthy living through healthy food and fitness. We met them last year at the Riverside Arts Market, as we're both vendors there, selling our goods to the people of Jacksonville. Their food is so awesome, and we quickly added it to our pantry. My personal favorite, agh if I have to pick just one, is the coconut bacon. I can't wait to see what they do with all their blueberries and the recipes they post to their Facebook page. I think I'm going to make their blueberry salsa to add to my lunch today!
Total blueberries I picked: 12 pounds. Hillary and Jason picked around 20 pounds, and Misty picked about 13 as well. At a crazy low price of only $2.50/pound, I can't wait to go back with Matt for more blueberries. We were stocked up and full of blueberries for our ride back to Florida. I am sharing my haul with my sister and a few friends, and Matt of course. I've been adding blueberries to all my meals, and they are delicious! What is your favorite thing to do with blueberries? 

For more information and directions to the blueberry farm, check out their Facebook page.

Comments

  1. We got blueberries in our CSA bin this week! Don't think I've ever seen them before July. Awesome.
    Trish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had NO IDEA they came this earlier. Definitely a "duh" moment for me since Florida is already in the 90s haha :) Enjoy your fruits!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts