Art In The Park

Just got home from a long, long day at Art In The Park. What a great day today has been! I am genuinely happy with the outcome of today's show, and that never happens. I had my booth set up by 9:30 this morning, woke up at 7, and got there by 8 (and I love that I can set up my booth all by myself now!).

The amazing romper Sarah bought me yesterday at Goodwill! I wasn't even with her either. She texted me "I bought you a romper!" and I almost peed my pants. I've been looking for something like this for the longest time, and it fits perrrrfectly! I didn't have to alter it at all.

It wasn't super busy, but the people were very nice and I actually sold handbags! I always end up only making money at shows selling the cassette wallets I make. Well, today, people were opening their wallets a little wider and springing for the big ticket items. And I was finally able to get rid of all but three of my t-shirt totes. They came free with any purchase. I made them about a year ago when I was considering selling my stuff at the Muskegon Farmers Market. 

They're t-shirts with the neck line cut out, the sleeves cut off, both of those seams zig-zag stitched, and the bottom sewn up, with a few pleats to give them depth. They make great carry-alls for a trip to Goodwill or Kroger. 

The wind was really blowing today, and everything was flying off my tables all day! This is my booth at the end of the day, messy and bare! I absolutely loved that it was in the grass; I didn't wear shoes all day! When I got really bored, I sat in the grass and read my book. 


Pretty much all the purses I have left. I really need to get back to the sewing machine!


My friend, Liberty (right), set up her booth as well. It was my first time actually seeing what she makes! I also finally got to hear her daughter, Lily's (left) band! She is only 14 and in a band!! It's was so great. She sings and plays guitar. 

Oh, and I finally parted with my pink acoustic guitar today. I gave it to Lily since she'll actually use it. She's going to restring it for a lefty and teach her drummer to play on it. I'm so glad to see it go to someone who will love it as much as I did, well, probably more, since I never really learned how to play guitar. 

Lily and Liberty again. I love this apron Liberty made! I need something like this for shows. Definitely would have been helpful today with handling money.

And check out these amazing baby clothes Liberty designs! She makes them from vintage, thrifted sheets, pillowcases, etc. Little spring dresses with bloomers, little girls skirts, and she also makes the most adorable bonnets! Find some things on her Etsy shop and read her blog to see some of the great things she makes. 

Her work makes me excited for the day that I finally do the whole "get married, have kids" and switch my business to childrens clothes, much like what Liberty makes. When I was a little girl my mom always made me the greatest clothes, and I can't wait to do that for my kids! I need to stop being so baby crazy, first of all. Being a nanny, and seeing cute stuff like this makes me want to have kids right now, but realistically, it won't be for a very, very, very long time.


On a side (sewing) note, this is the bag I made a few months ago to carry my metal purse racks, bottoms of my easel, and legs to my red table. I made it from a wool skirt, a red string, some old strap from a canvas bag, and a little toggle to tighten the string from an old winter coat. Makes the set up and tear down a breeze, goes over the shoulder to carry, and most importantly, it's really pretty.


This is the park where Art In The Park took place. Right behind the public library, about 2 miles from my house. The amphitheater is so quaint. I love the seating.

It was prom night for all the local high school. When we were tearing down there were high school kids everywhere taking pictures. I can't believe my senior prom was 7 years ago! OMG. I feel old. My senior prom dress was amazing though. I made it of course. It was a red full length dress, with a really deep v-neck, like really deep, so much so that I had to use double sided tape. But it was very elegant; my chest was/is so small that I could get away with it. God, 7 years.. Again, I feel old. 


I got some takeout crab rangoons, came home, and this is what I find. My cats didn't even greet me at the door. Too busy sleeping to even miss me today. Spoiled bitches. Both of em. 

Time to unload my car, shower, and clean, clean, clean!

Comments

  1. Love your romper. You have some great bags, I need to check out your Etsy!

    And crab rangoons....yummm!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts