Cheap & Chic - preview!

My apologies for falling behind schedule with last week's tutorial. I started a new job since I'm looking for a new place to live here in Augusta. Things have been crazy busy. I'm not used to having a normal job that requires me to leave the house. 

Today I started to outline my next three tutorials. The three dresses that I'm taking on are all very different and perfect for spring and summer! Here are the before pictures:

#1: An adorable early 90s floral romper. It is actually shorts and buttons up the front. The puffy sleeves have to go, and it needs to be cut down to a smaller size. Ties in back. Very comfortable! I'm so excited about this one!


#2: A full length coral cotton dress. Beautiful embroidered cutouts on the front and back. Matching belt, and buttons up the back. This is the dress my mannequin came dressed in when I bought her at an antique store in Holland, Michigan. Needs to be shortened and taken in a lot!


#3: A loosely fitting rayon polka dot dress. Buttons up the front. Matching belt (not pictured). This dress really reminds me of something my grandmother would have worn. It is so lightweight and would be perfect on a hot summer day, minus the sleeves. Also needs to be cut down to a smaller size. 

Stay tuned for the actual tutorials and after pictures! The tutorial will have easy to understand step-by-step instructions.

My goal with these tutorials is to inspire you all to make a trip to your local Salvation Army, Goodwill, or better yet -- your grandmother's closet, and try on something you would normally pass over. Try to look at old clothing in a different light. Almost anything can be beautiful and wearable with just a few simple alterations. 

Have questions on how to alter something or advice on updating old clothes? Send me an email with pictures and I'd love to feature your outfit in an upcoming entry!

(A big thanks to Sarah for the photos)

Comments

  1. I loooovvve the fabric of the last dress. I can't wait to see how you work your magic!

    Thanks for posting these - it inspires me to stop looking over the amazing dresses at see at thrift stores that always seem to be 8 sizes too large!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that red dress looks so pretty on you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts