Baggy blue dress

I spent most of the day yesterday with my friend, Jonathan. We'd had a bit of a falling out since I'd moved downtown. I was holding a grudge against him for blowing me off on my one day off that week, about 6 weeks ago. I was so angry I'd spent so long waiting around for him! We'd seen each other in passing, he'd come into the bar when I was bartending, but we hadn't quite made up. I'm good at staying mad at people sometimes ha.

He called yesterday, asked how things were going. I've had a bit of a rough time with things in my personal life lately. He demanded we hang out and apologized. After I yelled at him a little, telling him why I'd been mad, we then spent the day running around town running errands. I tried getting my Georgia drivers license, but of course, forgot a key piece of paperwork, my birth certificate. Got a PO box at the Post Office to use as my business address (I'm so legit now). 

Around 6:30 PM, we were hanging out at my apartment and he saw a great photo opportunity. From my bedroom looking out into the hallway, the lighting is great! My apartment has the most amazing light at all times of the day. There are huge windows everywhere, on all sides of the house. I love it! He took a few outfit shots for me.


I bought this cotton dress at Shoppe 3130 in downtown Augusta. It's a non-profit ministry run boutique with a great selection of newer and vintage clothing. They provide help to local women seeking job training skills, and they also help them with professional clothing to wear in job interviews. The shop name comes from Proverbs 31:30: "Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised!" 

The manager makes the cutest little felted key chains and home accessories. Very similar to some of the things on the front pages of Etsy and a fraction of the cost! I loved going in the dressing room there and recognizing that someone made the curtains. 

The dress is Old Navy, a size large, and was $4.99. I'm definitely not a large but with the $1.50 adjustable belt I also bought there, it's perfect. Plus it has pockets! I love dresses with pockets! I've unintentionally lost a few more pounds, so the baggier the better. 



Jonathan told me to be "fierce". I tried.




I probably should have put on some shoes for these photos since it's an outfit post or whatever but I hate wearing shoes in my apartment. But I also can't stand my toes showing ever! It's a conundrum. So forgive my bare feet ha.

Time to get on with my errands for the days. It's laundry day later with Rachael; my room is still a disaster. And I'm waiting on a friend to call me so I can go over to her house and show her how to thread her vintage sewing machine she's been dying to use. It didn't come with a manual and she's lost. 

Have a great day everyone!

Comments

  1. Great post, and I love the dress! Never mind the shoes, pose how you feel. You seem like a barefoot chic to me ( that's a compliment). :)
    Thanks for introducing so many of these shops in AUG. I've been here ALL my life, and I've never heard of some of these, hmm!.
    Anyway, I have to check out Shoppe 31:30--very neat idea. TTYL

    BTW, thnx for coming in on Monday.. that was a very special time. Very much appreciated. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a really cute little shop. I've been finding more and more of them since I can't shop anywhere else, ha! I'll let you know of any others I find. It's funny how going to the mall isn't even an option anymore. I love it!

    No problem about Monday, I was happy to help. I missed the shop a little too... especially those machines! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for your comments about the SHoppe. We love it there. It is a lot of fun! Love reading your blogs and seeing your awesome stuff as well. You are very inspiring and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts