Bronson Park Sunbathing


Having been in Muskegon for over a week now, today I finally got to go to the beach during the day to enjoy the sunshine! Rachael and I didn't get there until almost 4 PM but still a beautiful day. Bronson Park, about 3 miles from my mom's house, it my favorite beach by far. It's secluded, more wooded, there's a dog beach! I have so many memories of this place. Growing up so close to Lake Michigan has had a profound effect on who I am now. I can't imagine growing up anywhere else!

It's strange the Muskegon is no longer "home", but as Rachael put it, "where our family lives". Georgia is home now. If only Augusta had a beach, it would be perfect. That poor excuse for a "lake" that everyone raves about there, Clark Lake or something, is nothing like this:  





Rachael and I went swimming. I can't remember the last time we went to the beach together and went swimming! The water was quite cold compared to the Atlantic Ocean this time of year, but so much more refreshing. No burning eyes, no crazy ocean tide and current. Sometime I just can't stand salt water. Every time I've ever been to the ocean all I can think about is how I prefer Lake Michigan.

I guess I may have to start tolerating the ocean it if I'm a going to continue living in the South. I do love how salt water makes my hair crazy and pliable.



These terrible bugs kept biting me! This is the camera case I made for my Nikon Coolpix. It's just like the iPod cases I'd make in college, the start of my entrepreneurship. I found this fabric recently and made more in remembrance of the ones I made almost 7 years ago.

Rachael and I have matching OPI nail polish on our feet. "OPI On Collins Ave"







The shoreline. Today was such a beautiful day. After Rachael and I left the beach, we went to Frosty Oasis down the road and each got superman ice cream cones! It was like we were 5 again. I haven't been there in years either. We probably won't get another chance to spend much time at the beach, so today was great.

I love being "home" in Michigan.

Comments

  1. I've been to Bronson beach too, but it's been ages since I last had the chance. It's a far drive from Indianapolis!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts