Cheap & Chic Dress: Sundays in the South

Remember this dress from my trip to Valueland when I was home? It was only $5! I fell in love with the style and print immediately. My sisters both thought it didn't need any alterations but it felt a little long. I took about 7 inches off of it and here is a photo shoot of the end result! 
One of the greatest things about living in the south is all of the beautiful churches! Such amazing architecture and beauty in these old churches; they're everywhere! This one we went to today was the Thankful Baptist Church, two blocks from my apartment. It felt appropriate with the style of the dress and being Sunday and all. 
So much cuter showing off a little calf! I added a sea shell elastic belt and shoes given to me by my grandmother that belonged to her best friend, Evee.
Such a pretty church.
The silhouette of the dress actually gives me some curves as well.
Beautiful floral print.
The back.
My photographer, Rachael, complaining about the heat.
The amazing polaroid case I bought at Catholic Social Services for $3 including a polaroid camera. Works great for Rachael's new D3000.
Isn't she lovely?
To alter this dress, I simply measured about 7" up from the bottom, right above my knee, all the way around. Pinned it, cut it, and used a rolled hem. It took longer to iron it and prepare for this shoot than the combined time to alter it. It's amazing how changing the length of a dress makes it so much most striking! A dress otherwise not wearable becomes something one can wear all the time!

Next tutorial:
My $1 garage sale find. Making it a high waisted short dress!

Comments

  1. The pictures look great on here Sal! I love the church one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You girls make that church look good :-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tutorials. You did a very nice job on your Sunday dress and Rachel's dress.
    I can't wait to see what you do with the next dress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wauw, it looks so nice on you! What a cute dress it is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The article has actually peaks my interest. I am going to bookmark your web site and maintain checking for brand new information medieval bridesmaid dresses

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts