Selective Potential Dress

Being about 5 inches taller than her, the dress is a little short. I anticipated it to be borderline scandalous but I think the length is just right. It makes my legs look so long! As long as I don't bend over.
We took these pictures Bill's Package Shop at 5th and Broad. It's the local liquor store were I buy wine and beer. I always try to support locally owned businesses before going to any chain. My favorite: mix and match 6 packs! Bass + Woodchuck, mmm.

So those of you that don't know who this lovely lady behind the blog, Selective Potential, her name is Tieka. She and I went to high school together. I've been reading her blog, Selective Potential, religiously ever since I found it last year. She was a year younger than me, and we never really hung out, but we now have such similar tastes I'm a little sad I didn't get to know her more back then. 

Her blog is great for so many reasons. Tieka consistently impresses me with the originality in her posts. Plus she makes me miss Michigan so much! There are so many fashion bloggers out there that just post "what I wore today" and leave so much to be desired. Tieka paints a great portrait of her married life in West Michigan and really connects with her readers. She finds the most beautifully forgotten places that no ones would otherwise see. Not to mention her giveaways! 

With all the posts she does I'm sure her closet needed a bit of a break. She sells some of her clothes for super cheap on her site (a great marketing strategy; she's brilliant!)! I got this dress for $10 she bought on Mod Cloth, $15 including shipping. And I absolutely love it. The colors are perfect for me and it will be great for fall, Georgia won't get cold for a while, it's fantastic. I'm so proud of myself for keeping with my 2010 oath of only getting clothes by means of thrifting, resale shops, handmade, and nothing brand new. She posted a sneak peak of this dress on Facebook and I emailed her within minutes telling her I was claiming it. The dress arrived last week and I couldn't wait to wear it! 

After the photoshoot for the Betty dress yesterday, I had a quick wardrobe change in the back of Rachael's Santa Fe (don't worry her windows are tinted), let me hair down, and we drove a few blocks for a few more photos. 

Shoes Rachael bought at Goodwill in Grand Haven, Michigan for $5.
Vintage pink earrings
The added material at the waistband gives the illusion I have hips, yay!
Deep V back
The pavement was so hot, it melted the soles of my shoes! Well, Rachael's shoes. I need to have the soles replaced now. When I first got out of the car my feet were sticking to the pavement and the soles were like glue!

We took all these pictures on Sunday, I'm trying to start planning my sewing projects and blogging so that I have material throughout the week. It sucks when my photographer has a 9-5 and I work 30+ hours a week at a bar. The hours don't quite line up except on Sundays when neither of us have to work. She's really good at coming up with photo ideas and places we can take pictures. What am I going to do when she moves to Florida?

Time to finish some more sewing. I have some great dresses for you all to see before the weeks end, and working on my first video tutorial! Still have to work out some of the kinks of shooting, we'll see how it goes. Until then, have a great week everyone!

Comments

  1. sweet pictures!! Posts like these inspire me to buy a tripod! x
    love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I've tried to post a comment 2x's, maybe I'm not suppose to. I'll try a 3rd time; if to no avail, I'll stop.
    The dress looks great on you. I love your photo shoot location (s). :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh.. this is the sweetest post ever!! Thank you so much for your kind words!! You look absolutely amazing in this dress.. honestly. I love it on you!! I wish we would have gotten to know each other more back then too - you and Rachael both are amazing girls. xo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress looks so cute on you! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look adorable in that dress!

    -Weezy from http://beautysimplistic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts