Myrtle Beach

It's been a while since my last post. I've been so unbelievably busy with work. But after weeks of waiting, I finally got to take a mini-vacation to Myrtle Beach! Walter and I left on Sunday morning and came back Tuesday night. His parents rented a condo for the week, and I finally got to meet them!
It's the off season now, and the weather is getting a little colder. The water was still tolerable. The waves knocked me over a million times! Plus swimming in salt water is still an adjustment. Being in the ocean makes me appreciate growing up next to a large body of water and makes me miss Lake Michigan a lot.
Unfortunately it rained most of the time we were there so we didn't get a chance to ride our bikes, but we did some thrifting at the local Salvation Army! I love thrifting in other towns. Walter found some great vinyl records and he got me another kitty cat figurine to add to my collection. I found some great clothes to cut up!

We went to the Ripley's Aquarium, pet some stingrays, saw some incredible fish! We also did some fishing. I caught a little fish, used him as bait, and caught a shark! He was a baby and I threw him back, but he'll grow to be about six feet long! Walter caught a few on the beach in front of the condo. The ocean is so incredible. We had a such a great time!

Here are some pictures from our trip:

















It's always nice to get away for a few days and see new places but I am so happy to be home! 

I'm rearranging my sewing room now! My sister moved to Pensacola so I have my apartment to myself again. More tutorials later this week, hopefully. I don't think I have another day off work until next Thursday, so we'll see. I have so much cleaning to do!

Comments

  1. You two are absolutely so adorable and in love! I love his sunglasses, your fishing attire and swimsuit and the cute fish faces! What a nice little vacay for the both of you! Looks like a really nice time that you got to spend together....can't wait to see your thrift creations!

    I always like that about vacations too...I love having something to look forward to, and then it doesn't go exactly how I envision (ect., rain) but then I go home feeling refreshed and rejuvenated! Makes you appreciate the things you have. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts