Teal Blue Dress

Another lesson with Kaitlyn today. She came over to work on Halloween costume. Both of us were feeling a little lazy and not up to sewing. Instead of actually getting work done, we put on "The Break-Up" and ate Chex Mix in my living room.

Before: A-line. Way too long. Batwing sleeves. Georgeous color! Great detail in the top. My idea was to keep the design in the top but update it with a straight skirt and shorter. After about an hour of sewing it was done. Due to my own laziness and a glass of wine while sewing (ha oops) I make a slight mistake in cutting the skirt. It looks perfectly fine when actually on, but I'm a perfectionist so I chose not to sell it online.

Since Kaitlyn loved it, and it's her size, it's now hers. She just happened to wear it over to my house today so we had our little photoshoot. 
After: looks great with boots and leggings!

But by far, the best part of today: I taught Kaitlyn how to crochet! She tried on the red hat I finished at work the other day, that matches my red scarf, and was dying to learn. I found a little ball of white yarn and showed her a simple single-crochet. I did the first row slowly, explaining how to do it, and then watched her for a bit, then went to work on my own stuff.

While fixing myself a bowl of ice cream I hear her say, "crocheting is so boring, but SO MUCH FUN!"

Now I'm off to work for the evening and she's headed to the coffee shop to sit and crochet. She's worried she's going to look nerdy since crocheting makes her feel old, but I have faith in her, and I think she's going to have an awesome new scarf by the end of the day!

Comments

  1. I love to see how you transform some awesome dresses! I just picked up a sweet yellow w/ black polka dots dress from Value Land and it's awesome, but it's a little big. I was gonna see if you wanted to make something awesome out of it for me!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts