Sunday dinner with family and friends

After my crazy night on Saturday, my mom, Matt and friends went to the brunch, the pool and did absolutely nothing that required energy, until it came time for dinner. It was the last night we would all be together. Kirsten and Steven flew in from Michigan, as did my mom. Jessica and David also joined Matt and I for an amazing dinner in which we all contributed.

Mom's prosciutto and arugala salad. This will be the highlighted recipe this week. It is so yummy we even made it a few days later for Rachael.

You will need:

  • arugula
  • prosciutto
  • asiago
  • cherry tomatoes
  • fresh garlic
  • olive oil
Cut the cherry tomatoes in half lengthwise and roast for 20 minutes at 350 degrees with light salt and pepper. Pan fry the prosciutto in olive oil with a few cloves of chopped fresh garlic while the tomatoes roast. Pour the hot prosciutto and tomatoes over the arugala and sprinkle over top fresh asiago. 



Dinner was chicken fajitas by Matt, black bean salsa made by Kirsten and Steven. My secret cheese dip with chips, cheese and crackers. And for dessert I made pineapple apple crisp. What a great dinner. I love cooking with everyone in my massive kitchen. Kirsten, Jessica, Mom and I were all joking around while cutting up veggies and prepping the food that we felt like sister wives or like we were all living together commune style. Haha that'd be the day.

Great night with my family. All of them, even though they are friends, are my Georgia family (minus Sarah that couldn't make it) and I love them all. Cheers and to many more dinner in my kitchen with friends.

Comments

  1. I absolutely LOVE arugula! And prosciutto! I will definitely be making that salad this summer :) and it looks so nice to have your home filled with friends and family, and FOOD! :)

    And I must say, I have recently discovered Dale's Pale Ale and eff yes! So good! Cheers to more nights like this one!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts