Party Favors: make your own wine charm

Are you hosting a party and want to have a fun crafting activity for your guests? How about DIY wine charms, so your guest won't mix up their drinks. This would also be a fun activity at an engagement party, a birthday party, girls night, etc. I hosted a New Years Eve party, and provided this activity for my guests. It was a hit!

Supplies needed:
  • earring hoops (like these)
  • small beads
  • charms
  • needle nosed pliers
Attach little signs to each glass as shown above, to instruct your guests on what to do. All my supplies were second hand, getting a handful of beads, hoops and a handful of charms from my friend Sarah that designs jewelry. The more silly ridiculous charms were from a local thrift store and single earrings from my jewelry box that I had lost their mate. Be sure each charm has a ring on it, so it can be attached to the hoops, and you're ready for fun!

The ladies had a blast making their individual charms. I loved wandering around and peeking at everyone's one-of-a-kind charms. This is definitely going to be something I always do with parties I host.




For those that didn't want to make their own charms, I set out a bowl of the charms I already had in my kitchen. Cute cat charms, and others.

Some examples of what everyone made. Most people took their charms home with them, these were left behind. A great thing about the ones left behind, I have a nice inventory for future house guests to choose from. 

And my charm. Made from a lone earring I bought on Etsy, years ago. I lost one of them and was always looking forward to the day I'd get to use this charm again. 

Happy New Year everyone! I hope you all brought in the new year with those that are important in your life. This was Matt and I's third new years together (for previous NYE parties, click here and here). It was such a great night!

Comments

  1. So cute! I love this, I have never heard of this for an idea for a get together. So lovely! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea for a party - awesome that you have all the girl friends to participate too!

    <3 katherine
    of corgis and cocktails

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are adorable, such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a unique idea! It is so clever to let your guests design their own, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea! It's very artistic of you to think of this. :) Great job Sally. - www.westeastimports.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts