Day Trip to Saint Augustine





Nothing beats a greasy burger on the beach! Greasy food at a mom and pop restaurant, washed down with sweet tea. I'd been craving a cheeseburger for weeks, and since we rarely eat red meat or burgers, this was a great little trip. We had two goals, eat on the beach, and relax on the beach. Both perfectly accomplished.

We were on our way to the beach in Jacksonville, which is normally a 30 minutes from home. Realizing we hadn't been to St. Augustine in a while, and it's so close to Jacksonville, we drove an extra 30 minutes to this beautiful historic beach town. It's one of America's first settled cities, with so much history! The beach is flat, white sand, calm, and we even park on the beach!

Growing up in a beach community, the water is in my veins. It's great living in a city where the water is so close, no matter where you go! Becoming a beach bum is my new favorite past-time. When I can eventually shut off my brain, which is very few and far between, I love to just sit on the beach, watch the waves, or swim in the ocean. 

Next beach stop, Fernandina Beach!

Comments

Popular Posts