Remember Martin Luther King Jr., in sewing...

In celebration of Martin Luther King, Jr.'s march on Washington, 50 years ago today, I've made a purse for you all. Listed in my Etsy shop, it's made with scrap from a crazy MLK sweatshirt, that was given to me years ago, I've sewn a beautiful recycled purse from 100% recycled materials.

Do you ever wish your clutch could be a handbag by the end of the day? This purse solves that problem. One strap is a detachable wristlet strap, connecting on one of two zipper loops on each side. These loops can also function as a thumb/finger loop when the strap is detached. Fold the strap up and store it in the purse's interior. 
The second detachable strap is an over-the-shoulder strap for a more hands free purse. One interior pocket is perfectly sized for an iPhone or cellular device or other goodies. Includes bonus change purse from scraps of "I have a dream" sweatshirt. 
Made from 100% recycled materials and the smallest scraps from the Sally Ann studio. Men's khaki's are upcycled to create a sturdy bottom, easily cleaned, and an old sweatshirt is recycled for exterior design. Interior lining from two different dresses. Strap is recycled from men's golf shorts.

This purse was made from scraps from the above sweatshirt, that I gave away on my blog on Martin Luther King's birthday two years ago. I saved the sleeves, as I save all unused fabric, and combined with men's pants, and a pair of men's golf shorts, made a beautiful purse. See the original purse here.


Saving the last little bits of fabric, I even made a small coin purse to match.

How are you celebrating this day?

Comments

Popular Posts