Guest Post: Laura of Relatively Offbeat

 Hey there! My name is Laura and I'm a lifestyle/travel/fashion blogger over at Relatively Offbeat.


When Sally asked me to write a guest post on her blog, I was psyched! I met Sally back in high school when she was a student assistant for one of my sophomore year classes. I'll never forget my initial thoughts of Sally when I entered that class for the first time. It went something like this: "damn, that girl has the most amazing shoes". I just adored her effortless, vintage-inspired style. We have known each other now for 10+ years and am still constantly inspired by her style, work ethic, and ability to create such beautiful, recycled and eco-friendly products.

So here I am! I'm really excited to bring some Michigan back to Sally's blog. Some of you may have heard about the huge art festival that is hosted in Grand Rapids every year, but for those of you who haven't, let me introduce you to ArtPrize. Sally recently told me about a similar festival that will be coming to Jacksonville called One Spark. The really exciting part? The One Spark team is in Grand Rapids, MI right now to meet with coordinators of ArtPrize to discuss best practices for their future Jacksonville festivals. You can read about it here.

Here's a bit more on what ArtPrize is like here in the city of Grand Rapids:

ArtPrize is an independently world-wide art competition with a $200,000 first place prize voted completely by the public. It's so amazing to see hundreds of Grand Rapids venues hosting all sorts of art forms. It lasts for two and a half weeks and spreads out around a 3 mile radius of the heart of the city. Art from all around the world is hosted indoor and outdoor venues of all kinds. Each year is more exciting than the last. If you ever get a chance to check it out, I totally recommend it.




Thanks for stopping by!

xoxo,
Laura

Comments

Popular Posts