Video tutorial: How to make a zipper pouch

It's finally here! I've been wanting to film this tutorial for such a very long time, and last week, Matt and I sat down and shot it. Using an old cloth shower curtain, and a zipper, I made this little pouch in about ten minutes.

Hooray for video tutorials! I'm finally getting a little better at being on camera, and describing what I'm doing as I sew. That's the hardest part for me. For the longest time, I fumble when someone watches me sew. I'm always better when no one is around and I'm in my own little world. Getting comfortable with a camera watching every little move took some adjusting.


For this tutorial, you will need four piece of fabric, all equal size, a zipper that is a little bit longer than the width of your fabric, a zipper foot, and ten minutes. Watch the video and sew away!

Enjoy! (and I promise the next video will be over my shoulder, and not staring at the back of my presser foot. I'm learning how to teach as I go.) My favorite part is the end with Clem and Zeus being 'buddies'. It's a miracle how much nicer she is now after three years, even with the hissing and slapping.

Comments

  1. Hi Sally! This tutorial is awesome! I loved watching you make the little zippered pouch. It will be excellent for my kids' sewing class. Thanks for sharing your talents. Happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you use to tack the fabric around the zipper? I am not familiar with that.

    Marlene
    Info site for Leviton Manufacturing

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts