$47 Thrift Haul!

Slowly, since moving to Florida, my fabric supply has dwindled down to small scraps and less than one yard pieces. It was that time. Time to head to my Mecca: Florida thrift stores! Something about this state, it's the best thrifting I've seen anywhere. Maybe it's all the older people that live here, owning older things that I love to pieces, or maybe it's something I can't quit put my finger on, but it's amazing. 

Sunday, armed with cash from Saturday's success market day, I was anxious to spend it at a local thrift shop. Since I haven't been thrifting too much lately, I didn't know too many hidden gems around Jacksonville. I was determined to find a new hot spot. Towards Beach Blvd. I drove, where Matt and I had done some light thrifting months ago. Now, when I thrift, I prefer to be by myself, sometimes with headphones in my ears, with absolutely no time constraint to get into my own little world, losting myself amoungst all the "junk" in the store.

After driving a few miles, stopping at places I'd googled to find they had $1 clothing being closed on Sundays, I continued East, hoping to find that perfect place. Passing a few more that were closed, I became a little frustrated. On a divided road, each side having 5 lanes, Beach Blvd, needless to say, is difficult to the average driver. Quickly noticing I'd passed a few potential prime locations, I turned around, making a U turn. First shop, closed on Sundays, again. Second stop, in an IGA grocery store shopping center, called Angel Aid Thrift Shop. HEAVEN!

Everything was 50% off unless marked otherwise, which generally only applied to the leather coats, fur coats, and furniture. I stumbled upon their fabric section after finding some scarfs. I filled my cart up with yards upon yards of vintage by the yard fabric!


With many many bundles of by the yard fabric, a pair of pajama pants, a few belts to finish my belt chairs, a few picture frames for Shelby, and a planter for my green room, my total was only $47. CRAZY!

All afternoon and evening on Tuesday, (as my morning was spent my first official day as a videographer for #MattaboutJax) I made the most beautiful infinity scarves using my giant stash of ric rac. I can't wait to show you all! I've been trying to figure out how to use all my ric rac, and make seasonal accessories/clothing that can be worn by my customers from Florida to Michigan, while still not breaking the bank.

Happy mid week to you all! I'm spending the day at University of North Florida, at their market at the heart of their campus. More soon! xoxo!

Comments

  1. The Jacksonville Humane Society Thrift Shop on Beach has AWESOME fabric sometimes. It was one of my favorite places to get fabric when I lived in Jax! I did RAM, Market Days at UNF, and the Art Walk downtown for the 3 years I lived there and LOVED it! I'm living vicariously through you haha :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts