Date night in San Marco

Date nights are the best nights. Being the workaholics that we are, and being that we film all kinds of events around town for Matt's job, it's rare that we get a night out with nothing on the agenda but time for "us". And those few and far between nights are my favorite. 

In preparation for our New York trip, Matt and I spent a nice quiet evening walking around the San Marco neighborhood's downtown strip. Directly south of the heart of downtown Jacksonville, San Marco is a quiet upscale neighborhood with a few restaurants, a cute little movie theater, a bookstore, and a few boutiques. We'd only been through once or twice, and decided it would be nice revisit the area.  I had just gotten back from my long weekend in Augusta, and we started with a happy hour cocktail.

After grabbing a bite to eat, we walked over to the bookstore, where all books were BOGO half off. Each of us picked out a biography to take to New York. I bought Ava Gardner's biography, and I haven't been able to put it down! 

Life lately has just been going by so fast. I wish there was more time for nights like this. No real cameras (as in so SLR or big video camera), cell phones must be put away while we eat and relax together, only taking them out to snap a few shots here and there. Our lives are so much hustle and bustle, I long for technology free time. Maybe I can convince Matt to have a nice picnic one of these afternoons. Pack sandwiches, a blanket, and some refreshments and just sit in the middle of a park, in the sunshine, with our books and that's it. When did everything become so rushed!?

Even as I sit and type this entry, I feel burdened with 100 things on my to-do list, when all I want to do is curl up on my couch with a cup of tea and some Downton Abbey. Possibly a crochet hook and yarn as well. Something about the fall season just makes me want to slow things down and relax. What do you like to do in your downtime?

Comments

Popular Posts