Life Lately...

Work work work. Sewing has been day in and day out for me lately. When I'm not sewing, I'm planning what I'll be sewing next, or out on a video shoot with Matt. I've got the fever! I have a huge show this weekend, and it will coinside with me releasing a new line of handbags and small accessories. You'll see soon enough!

I've also been perfecting the layout and organization of my work room. It's always an uphill battle to keep a work room 100% functional, clean, and productive whilst being bombarded with two cats and a dog. Take Clem for example, above,... I was organizing belt hardware and she decided to make that a bed. Thanks, cat. Make yourself at home on my work table. I trick them most time by putting sheets in a box like it's fabric I plan to use and they're on it, pronto!

And again. On everyyything. Instead of buying zippers and hardware, I always try to harvest them from other things when I can. I found a bargain on old luggage at a local St. Vincent De Paul, 50% off. At $3 per bag, with up to 6 or 7 zippers per bag, plus hardware and fabric, it was a great deal. While it's a lot more time consuming to rip out all the zippers, they are sturdier than store bought ones, and I have an excuse to watch an episode of Downton Abbey while doing it. Plus! I'm keeping everything recycled! Yay!

This handbag I made last night. Will be presented with the entire collection later this week! Hooray, I'm so excited and proud of myself I can't wait to photograph it. Crossing my fingers that I can get to it later today. My to-do list is monstrous! 

Anyone with sewing rooms can relate to this, right? Gah. Thread is the bane of my existence! Always getting caught up in the wheels of my work stool. I use an old doctors stool to wheel around my hardwood floors. A few times a week, I take a razor blade and clear out the castors. But never fails, within a few days, I have to do it again. AGH! Such is the life of a seamstress.

Well, folks, that's all! Gotta get back to workin'! Have a pleasant day, and hope all is well in your neck of the woods!

Comments

Popular Posts