One Spark Is TOMORROW!

We are so excited to showcase our sewing lounge project at One Spark tomorrow. Time is flying, I can't believe the festival is finally here. You can check out my One Spark profile here and read about our project. We are trying to open a drop-in sewing lounge right here in Jacksonville, Florida. A one-stop shop for all things sewing, as well as a retail space for my work and other local artists. The festival distributes over $300,000 to small business ideas and projects. It's pretty amazing.

So a sewing lounge. What is that you ask? Well, it's a place where one can go for anything sewing related. Rent a machine by the hour, buy a monthly sewing membership and sew all day a few times a week, read about sewing, buy all the things you need for sewing, and even purchase my handmade goods, as well as other locally made goods.

Every week at Riverside Arts Market, I meet people that want to learn how to sew. And while I give private lessons, it's so difficult to host a class when I currently work out of a home office. The alternative and only thing really offered is classes at the big chain stores. I mean, who really takes sewing lessons at Joanns? Everyone I talk to that doesn't sew, wishes that they knew how, and that there was a place to go, a cool, hip place, to take lessons and feel inspired. Our space would be just that!

We are hoping to get the start-up funds to open our shop. So much to do before tomorrow, so I must keep it short. Head on over to www.beonespark.com and bookmark our project. Vote if you are in the Jacksonville area by attending the festival, we'll be located at the Jesse B. Smith Memorial Park, across from the Florida Theatre.

Comments

Popular Posts