DIY Glitter Heels - How to turn vintage pumps into a sparkly treat for your feet
Shoes from my fashion show!

Have some tired blah pairs of vintage shoes lying around that you want to wear but they're just too plain? Here is a great want to dress them up and infuse them with new life! Make them glitter heels! I did this for all the shoes for my spring fashion show, above. I reused all the vintage heels I had bought at thrift stores for my winter show in December 2011.

My shoes before, and check out the first photo, up top and far right. I made them to match the dress I wore, from Rusty Cuts. Check back for a post on what I wore to the show later this week! 

Before. With Zeus. He loves shoes and he loved watching the girls during their lingerie fittings even more. They were all neutral tones or very plain, leather or synthetic material. You can use almost any heel! 


You will need:
  • shoes to glitterize
  • fine glitter, I bought an assortment of Martha Stewart glitter from Joann's, which I highly recommend. Martha's glitter is amazing
  • Mod Podge
  • paint brushes
  • custard cups or a small bowl 
  • sand paper
  • a sheet or towel 
Lay down your sheet and get everything together. Start by sanding and roughing up the shoe. Roughing up the surface of the shoe will make the Mod Podge and glitter adhere to the shoe even better!

Next, mix half Mod Podge and half glitter in a custard cup. You can use one color of glitter or 4 or 5 colors together. For the model's shoes, we mainly mixed two like colors.

Use the paintbrush and paint mixture on the shoes. It will take three to four coats to completely cover the shoes.

A pair after one coat. The first coat won't show up too much, but every coat after that will go on thicker, adhering to the previous layer.

And a pair after two coats. It will all depend on the shoe how many coats you will do, but I found three to be the perfect amount of glitter. 

 Terra in Purple Bow Peep. Dom in Blue Venom.

 Lindsey in Lady In Red.

Melanie in Arabian Night. Chastity in Little Bow Peep.

Question? Comments! If you try this tutorial email me some pictures of the finished shoes at sallyannfashion@gmail.com.

Comments

  1. Ahhhhhh! These shoes are amazingly awesome. I'll definitely be making sparkly shoes sometime this summer. This would be a great way to reuse old pumps that are too scuffed to wear anymore. Thanks so much for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love martha glitter! I did this awhile back with some loafer shoes for a costume I made. Unfortunately, I could only wear them once because the shoes were kind bendy and made out of vinyl so the glitter cracked. lesson learned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a beneficial workout for me to go through your webpage. It definitely stretches the limits with the mind when you go through very good info and make an effort to interpret it properly. I am going to glance up this web site usually on my PC. Thanks for sharing.best shoes for crossfit

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job on the glittered shoes. It's nice to be able to use old shoes just by spicing it up a little. But I don't think the same trick will work on crossfit shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Demonstrating A UNILATERAL VIEW ON ANY ISSUE IS HARDLY "Conveying THE WORLD TO THE UK" OR VICE-VERSA. ALL VIEWS MUST BE PORTRAYED TO TRULLY ACHIEVE THIS PURPOSE.

    Mattie R. Baker

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts