Tuesday Tunes - Grimes - Oblivion



Grimes, 24-year-old Claire Boucher, may be the only hipster that I could potentially like. Some of her fashion choices make me cringe, but maybe she's just that strange. Watch the fun video above and tell me what you think. I first saw her in W Magazine. She seemed interesting, and thought I'd check out a video. They compared her to Bjork in the article, so, of course, I HAD to look into her music. Bjork is my absolute favorite! I'm still not sure if I'm ready to buy Grimes' recent album, I'll listen to is on Grooveshark a few times first. 


I love her music and hate it at the same time. I love how awkward she is when she dances and sings. Her music is an electromix of pop and synth techno is undefinable. Each song is unlike the other. Canadian-born, Claire herself describes it as "ADD music". I think she's very refreshing, fun, young, and possibly full of potential. Definitely someone to watch and see what comes next from her. She is already on her third album! 

Overall, Grimes is worth checking out. My verdict is still out on whether or not it is purchase worthly.

Comments

Popular Posts