Tired toes, cold feet

The weekend is finally coming to an end, I'm almost done living out of a suitcase. I've been visiting my family for two weeks now in Muskegon, headed back to Georgia early early Thursday morning. Warm weather will be so glorious! I'm sick of having chapped, cracking skin and cold feet. My blue leather Keds don't quite cut it for winter shoes. 
I spent Saturday afternoon wandering around East Lansing. Sometimes I miss living in Lansing, but generally I get so bored when I visit and always end up going to NCG and seeing a movie by myself, which is a little awkward on a busy Saturday when the theatre is all couples and I say "ticket for one please". I saw "Crazy-Heart". I'm calling it now; Jeff Bridges is winning the Oscar for best actor. And I generally can't stand Colin Farrell, although he is very nice to look at, I hate him in almost everything as an actor, but he was pretty good in it. 

I went into Scavenger Hunt, a cute little vintage clothing store across from MSU campus and found some cassette tapes for sale. When I went to pay for them with my cassette wallet, the owner offered to sell them in her store! Very exciting. When most times when store owners offer to sell my stuff it doesn't end up working out, but I have a good feeling about this one.
I've been a huge fan of Scavenger Hunt ever since I was 16 or 17 and my newspaper/yearbook class would travel to Lansing for M.I.P.A. (Michigan Interscholastic Press Association) conferences and we'd hop on the CATA bus and go get pitas and go shopping in downtown East Lansing. We thought we were so cool back then in a college town. Having my wallets for sale there would be amazing.

Comments

  1. Awesome store! I love all things vintage and old fashioned :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts