Castillo de San Marcos


I almost forgot to share these photos! While in Saint Augustine the weekend before last, Matt and I visited this fort, Castillo de San Marcos, the oldest fort in the United States. 



With volunteers that just finished firing the cannons in 17th century Spanish uniforms.


The courtyard.



You can barely see it, but the arrow points to the lighthouse we visited, across the harbor. The volunteers are the fort told us the small 6 pound cannons could reach that lighthouse! I can only imagine how far the big ones went. Historians at the fort said in the 1500s, they could hit a ship a mile away!


I love that Matt's shadow is in this photo.


Standing on the edge of the fort.


My favorite picture from our visit to the fort. As we were leaving, two small children were running as fast as they could across the wooden bridge, over the moat, to enter the fort. Oh how I miss the excitement of everything when you're a child. Everything is so magical.


A lookout point were soldiers would stand watch for other ships and enemies. Some of the original plaster can still be seen in this photo. 

Florida was so amazing; I can't wait to go back. 

Happy Monday everyone. Back to work for me. I'm a busy bee all week getting ready for my fashion show this weekend!

Comments

Popular Posts