Fittings!


Last night has finally come and gone, fitting day. Most of the models for my upcoming lingerie show came over and tried on everything. It was a huge success and all the girls looked so beautiful! The show is going to be here before I know it, ah!

The show is December 3rd, at 10:30. At midnight on December 3rd, the line will be sale to the public, after the runway show has concluded. The event is being held at a large local music venue, Sky City. There will be a few live bands and a live DJ that will also be wearing a piece from my line. 

For last night's fitting, I bought a few boxes of wine (so classy huh? ha), put out some veggies and munchies, and photographed each girl in the pieces that fit them. Now I will sit in front of my computer figuring out who looks best in which piece. Tough decisions, especially for the girls that look good in more than 5 pieces!


Cory was the last girl of the night, and we had a little fun with photos. She was so kind in complimenting my work when we got the chance to sit and chat during the one-on-one fitting. She told me how my lingerie was lingerie for women. Not for men. Sure, men will love it, but it makes the woman feel beautiful first and foremost. And that is exactly what I strive to make. She gets it. Comfortable, sexy lingerie that doesn't suck, tuck, or push any body parts. It's lingerie you can fall asleep in, wake up, roll over with sexy bed head, and still feel beautiful.

I hate the idea of lingerie being designed to suit a man's idea of beauty. Boobs pushed up to the chin, flattening a woman's stomach, which we all have, and lifting things that aren't deemed "fit". No woman is perfect, and no body is free of flaws. If a woman, herself, feels beautiful and sexy, the man should see that in her or his loss. And THAT is what lingerie should be.

I am very proud of my line, and very proud of myself. I think you all will love it too. I'm taking the day off from sewing and to journal and drink tea. I need to reboot... this weekend was too long and I didn't get much down time. 

Happy Monday everyone!

Comments

  1. Um, glitter hands on the cheeks!? A body suit!? Sally, you can do no wrong, girl! I am so excited for your show! Please have it recorded and even a livestream on your blog!!! hehe Or I may just have to road trip to Augusta...

    And I have always admired your lingerie line and the soul behind it, making women feel beautiful in their own skin. You have so much to choose from for my 34s!! I definitely know what I want for Christmas now... <3

    Enjoy your day off, love! Hello to the felines as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The event is being held at a large local music venue, Sky City. There will be a few live bands and a live DJ that will also be wearing a piece from my line. reverse osmosis system

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts