Top secret photo shoot


Last night, my photographer David, Matt and I had a little photo shoot in his studio. It's getting close to my runway show, which means I need a poster to hang around town! David photographed my very first collection of lingerie last January, and I love working with him.


The sketch of what I wanted my posters to look like. Someone's behind in lingerie, lit from one side. Sexy and suggestive but not too much skin. Something that will stop heads on the street and say, "A lingerie fashion show? I'm definitely going!" 


I picked out a handful of my favorite pieces from the new collection and we all went up to his third floor studio that was a handkerchief factory decades ago. His studio space is about 4,000 square feet and so amazing! There are so many old relics from past tenants, old couches, lamps, etc.

We popped open a bottle of Merlot and got to work. 



Playing with the upright bass David uses for many of his shoots. David specializes in suggested nude photography. The women he shoots wear nothing but you can't see anything. It's all suggested and highly controlled lighting. He does such beautiful work that really accentuates the female form. 


I can't wait to get the images from David, then Matt and I will design the rest of the poster, adding all the info. Then it's off to the printers! I'm so thankful to have such handy men in my life. Thanks Matt and David! 

Comments

  1. How exciting!! It sounds like such a fun evening, studio space, warm lights, Merlot...and in good company!? So great you and Matt are working together for your show, and that you have such a talent photog friend! Your previous photo shoot for your lingerie was stunning -- will we blog readers see your poster? :)

    And of course, best of luck with your upcoming show!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts