Homesick at Christmas

It's finally hitting me how sad it is to NOT be returning to Michigan to see my family this Christmas. This will make three years of not being home with family during the winter holidays. It's hard living in a place where one doesn't have family, and I manage pretty well most of the year, but it's starting to bring me down. 

Had I gone home with Rachael this year, it would be the first Christmas in at least 8 years that all four of my parents kids would be together for the holiday. Makes me tear up a little when I think about Christmas at home. But I'm trying to be happy and not think about it. I'm planning a trip in January. AH! I can't wait to see snow! It's always easier to make a January trip, all holiday pressure subsides and I can enjoy the company of my loved ones.

I thought I'd share some fun family photos with you all. A nice blast from the past of me and my three siblings, Sarah, the oldest, Mark, my older brother, and Rachael, my younger sister. Feel free to laugh at the funny fashions and matching of my sister and I. 


Weren't we the cutest bunch ever?!
(Mark, me, Sarah, and Rachael)



Father's day photo shoot. Mom must have let us dress ourselves.



Wishing Smokey was my friend. And my mom looking super cool.


With our puppy in 1991, the one I'm holding.

And now time for cleaning day again. I'm considering a massive rearrangement of my apartment. Must have coffee and then we'll see. 

Have a great rest of the week everyone, and don't forget about my giveaway! It ends Friday!

Comments

  1. Wonderful that you have these photos :) I love the look and feel of all of them! I'm also not spending Christmas with my family, and I fully regret making that decision. It will be the first time ever for me not to wake up on Christmas morning and be with everyone. But it's times like these that will make me and my sisters realize how lucky and blessed we are when we're together, and we seriously needed that wake up call :) Its wonderful you're visiting home in January! Less stress, easy traveling and yes, hopefully it will snow by then!!

    Rearranging is always fun, hope you get to it and/or enjoy freshening up your space! And that it cheers you up a bit ♥ Cuddle with the kitties and Mat and stay warm!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts