Four days until showtime

Only four days until Arts In The Heart! A huge three day art festival. I've been working long, long hours, to finish new work for the event, and I must say, I'm very proud of the work I've produced. Last night, Matt and I set up one of the 10' x 10' canopies I'll set up for the event. That's right, I have not one, but two booths at the event. We opened the canopy in our living room (I can't believe we didn't his our chandeliers!) to envision the actual layout on Broad Street.

Poor Matt. He loves football so much, and we worked through the Carolina Panthers game. He stopped every now and then to try to catch some of the game. Such a good boyfriend sacrificing football for me. Awww. 

Some blurry details of my new totes, and cry baby Zeus pouting on the love seat behind the canopy. He did not like up setting it up in the living room. He hates change and big inanimate objects. It's especially funny when I more Ursula (my mannequin) to a different spot in the house, and he jumps when he discovers her new spot.

Some of the new things that I will have in this show: hair bows and barrettes, skirts, a few tank tops, a few dresses, the Secretary line of lingerie and dresses, some repurposed clothing, all my existing lingerie, new On the Go clutches,  totes, cat suitcase beds, my embroidery from my gallery show, cassette wallets and some small accessories. Hundreds and hundreds of items! Gah! I'm so excited.

Eepp! Only four more days! I'm so close to being ready to present all my new work to the thousands of people that will swarm downtown Augusta this weekend. I'm going to spend the next few days making a handful of accessories and maybe a few more skirts. I just can't stop sewing! Always a workaholic. 

Happy Monday everyone!

Comments

  1. Sounds so exciting, wish I could shop your booths! Good luck!
    kendrrat
    kendrrat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing! I love how you set it up in your house :) You and Matt and animals are the cutest - I really enjoy stopping by your blog every chance I get!

    Good luck at Arts in the Heart! You'll be the star of the show, miss Sally!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts