Model Call Photos

What a huge success! Last night, I held an open casting call for my next runway show this December. My previous two shows I hand selected the models, and I wanted to get some fresh faces this winter. The turnout was great! I spent all morning going over footage, notes, and questionnaires so I can narrow down the applicants to the right number. Man, I'm having the hardest time! Postponing the remaining decisions for the weekend. My brain is mush!

Enjoy some photos of a few applicants. Thanks to my friend David Kernaghan for taking the headshots. Since I didn't know everyone I figured an expo board and a headshot would clear up any of my confusion. Success! They also had "Hello my name is" stickers with numbers for note taking during the run through.


They're all so great. And I'm not just saying that. I was so lucky to have them all come out and support my work. I know that this show will be the best show I've produced so far! So much work ahead of me, but I'm driven even more knowing how these wonderful people will perform! And yes, men applied too. There will be a few men in this show.

We had an impromptu dance party on the catwalk after almost everyone left. Those fans on the stage made us so silly. Lauren, Jonathan and I were having fun walking up and down the catwalk like we were models. Both of them are my friends, and also applied to model. We'll see if they make it! Eeep! They were both jaw dropping. Lauren reminded me of Claudia Schiffer on the runway! I could tell she's been practicing. Doesn't hurt that she's gorgeous! AND she sews. I'm going to force her to help me sew some of this next line, well, she offered to help, so invite more like it, I guess. Haha. I can't wait to have a sewing buddy work with me.

But walking on that runway! Wow. I always think I could do it just fine, and I instruct and judge all the applicants and models at my show, but even in a room of people I know, it was a little nerve wracking.  I had a good time pretending. Don't expect me up on that catwalk other than with a microphone in my hand! I'm much happier behind the scenes then strutting it on the runway. I'd be SO nervous if I had to model my own wears in a show.

I'm going to spend a good bit of time this weekend going over all the footage a million times with Matt and comparing notes. I should have the final list of models by Monday! Woo hoo! Have a great weekend everyone.

Comments

  1. You are so gorgeous, Sally!! And all of your applicants - HOT DAMN - stunning! Every single one of them would look amazing in your designs - can't wait to see who made the cut tomorrow! <3 This show is gonna ROCK! Best of luck girl, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts