Tuesday Tunes - Dirty Projectors



Fun band and strange video. I've been listening for Dirty Projectors for years and this morning was the first time I watched a music video of theirs and saw the band for the first time. Do you ever do that? Listen to a band quite frequently, and then one day actually see what they look like, and then you're surprised because it's not what you were expecting. This band was almost spot on to what I imagined with their sound. Like a young and hip Bjork band. Love love love them.



Above is my favorite song from the album, Bitte Orca. The songs takes inspiration from the Bible, Bob Dylan's "Sad-Eyed Lady of the Lowlands", Jackson Browne's song for Nico, "These Days", and more. I love how the violins in the song are much like Nico's original track from her album "Chelsea Girl", and the guitars very Dylan-esque. Have a listen and check out this band. They're great.

Comments

Popular Posts