Happy Easter // Weekend Recap

What a weekend! Matt and I enjoyed a work filled three day weekend together. Working on Shelby, around the house, cooking, and enjoying the sunshine. It was the first day of the year we could open all the windows in the house and leave them open until it was time to go to bed. How fantastic. Fat girls were happy with the change.Thank you spring, for finally arriving. After a roller coaster of warm to freezing days, Spring has finally peeked it's head in our neck of the woods, and I think it is here to stay! Thank goodness!!

Saturday afternoon, we finished up Shelby for the day (post of our progress tomorrow), and cooked the most delicious lunch. Breadless turkey burgers, topped with fresh avocado, homemade salsa, and cheese. On the side, we had greek salad, more avocado, homemade salsa with whole grain pita chips, and fresh pineapple. 


The trick to these delicious burgers, pan fried with garlic, and topped in the last two minutes of cooking, the cheese melts and seals in all your goodies. These were so yummy, although next time, we'll make them a little thinner. We had leftover turkey from turkey potato soup I made earlier in the week.

Missed my face lately? I know I've been slacking on the blogging. Still blonde, and still here. Things are nuts and big things are being planned, just you wait! I can't wait to tell you all when I can. I will get back into some clothing tutorials that are perfect for spring, very very soon. I miss you, blog.

Monster boy trying on some clothes on Easter morning. Maybe he was sad he didn't get a visit from the Easter bunny. Or he just hates it when I dress him up in women's clothes. Hmm.. His woes were cured a few hours later when he got to spend the day with his best friends at Mema's house. He even fell in the pool, because he was having so much fun!

Matt and I went over to his parent's house for a little Easter celebration. We made the kids little goodies bags filled with candy, his famous Bloody Mary mix, and these sweet little chick deviled eggs. These little things were a lot harder to make then the pinterest photo showed! I substituted the black olives for bacon for the eyes, and Matt made the little beaks a little bigger. While a little messy, they still served their purpose, but we'll make prettier ones next year!

I hope you all enjoyed your holiday weekend with friends and family! See y'all tomorrow with a new Shelby post, and Wednesday for a sewing tutorial. Happy Monday. I need coffee, stat!

Comments

  1. Those pan fried burgers look AWESOME. I'm also sooooo into your blonde hair. LOVE it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dog looks so cute and those burgers and the eggs look super yummy!
    http://teapotsandbelles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts