Tuesday Tunes - Xiu Xiu - Fast Car



Be prepared when you listen to this song. It's not for everyone. It's terribly depressing and very emotional. You will either love it or hate it. I haven't listened to this song in years. Back in college, I was a huge fan of Xiu Xiu; they are weird, eccentric and unlike any other band I've ever listened to.

This song just came on while I'm packing my suitcases, and it just hits you like a ton of bricks. It's brilliantly depressing and sad. I couldn't help but listen to it three times in a row. Then, I went back to the Tracy Chapman version, and back to this.

I'm in a rough spot this week, personal stuff I'd rather not discuss on here. After the explosions yesterday, with family in the marathon, and seeing photos, hearing stories of the child that passed away, it's gotten me quite down today. This song makes me feel okay, okay to be sad.

Enjoy it or hate it. If you hate it, come back to this song when you're sad and you'll get it.

Have a great day, friends. See you in a few days, maybe...

Comments

Popular Posts