At the river with Zeus

Another Monday, another week to plan and work more towards getting settled here in Jacksonville. Today is the first day I've felt almost back to normal in almost a week. I've had the nastiest cold/flu since Thursday night last week. I've spent days and days in bed, watching terrible chick flicks and bad television with Zeus and the girls. There is nothing more frustrating that being sick.

But the best thing to have when you're sick, a giant dog in bed to snuggle with you. Zeus is my sweet sweet boy and he always makes me feel better. Since Thursday, I was the most unproductive being. I made a few lists here and there, cleaned the house, unpacked some more, but as far as actual work goes, the most I accomplished was applying for the local arts market. Cross your fingers they accept me. 

Saturday was a little better. Matt and I went to the beach in the afternoon and I think I spent 4 hours sleeping in the sun. A great place to be when you're sick, I slept on a blanket while Matt enjoyed a few PBRs and soaked up the sun. I was sure to use SPF 60 all over to be able to enjoy my napping. I'm not messing around with this Florida sun and my skin. No premature aging for this face! 

As far as office hunting goes, it's kinda sorta up in the air. Still have to get some kinks worked out and then I'll see what happens. Hopefully, I'll end up with a downtown office that is just perfect. In the meantime, I'm going to set up a make-shift sewing area in our outdoor garage and get some new things made this week. 

Happy Monday friends!

Comments

  1. I'm jealous of your new city, it looks AMAZING. Seems like the weather is always perfect, too.
    Hope you feel better soon!!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Florida and lived there for 9 years. I hope some day to return and retire there. Glad your feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts