DIY Shorten Your Boyfriend's Shirt Sleeves

Now that it's summertime, I'm sure many of your shirts are just a little bit too hot for the season. Does your boyfriend complain he doesn't have enough shirts to wear that are short sleeved, but an excess of long sleeved shirts he never wears?! Maybe if the sleeve length were a little different, he'd wear them more. This tutorial is super easy, and makes use of clothing you already have, potentially adding more pieces to your summer rotation. Check it out!

Before and after. Matt came to me, with the request to shorten these sleeves, and I walked him through the steps, so hopefully next time he can jump on my machine and do it himself. I'm definitely putting his skills to the test next time!

1] Mark sleeve to desired length. 2] Cut one inch below mark, to leave enough room for your seam allowance. 3] Take the sleeve you cut off, and line it up with the other sleeve. Cut second sleeve at edge of top sleeve. 4] Head to you machine, make sure you have matching thread, (OR for fun, completely different colored thread) and sew a double folded hem on both sleeves. Press. And you're done!

And doesn't he look so handsome?! I know I will be seeing a lot more of this shirt this summer. Questions? Comments?! Email me at sallyannfashion@gmail.com.

Comments

Popular Posts