DIY Ladder Towel Rack


Looking for a fun quirky towel rack for your bathroom that isn't the norm? Head to a thrift shop or used furniture store and find a ladder. For this rack, I found an old bunk bed ladder for only $7! Our new bathroom is so tiny, I wanted something tall and close to the wall. 

And what's the point of buying a towel rack at the store when you can make it for less, and have something original made BY YOU!?

You will need:
  • ladder
  • brackets
  • drill
  • wood screws and/or anchors
  • tape measure
  • level
1] Measure beneath the first step, a few inches in, and mark where each bracket will be attached. 2] Attach first bracket on one side of the ladder. I attached a bracket beneath the first and third steps. 3] Flip over the ladder and attach the other two brackets. 4] Make sure they are installed the same depth so the ladder hangs symetrical and the same distance from the wall at all brackets. 5] Attach to the wall. If you aren't hitting 2x4 with one hole on each bracket, use anchors to prevent towel rack from coming off the wall. Check that it's level! 6] Adorn with towels!

Voila. Piece of cake. Now you'll have a towel rack that no one else has, making your bathroom unique and one of a kind. To make it extra special, try painting the ladder, and sand parts of the paint off for an aged look. 

What kind of DIY do you like to use for decorating your bathroom?

Comments

  1. You've got to be kidding me.. I was JUST talking about how I need a towel rack in my bathroom and how I can't find any that I like. THANK YOU for the inspiration! This is such an amazing idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great!! That's awesome! haha how convenient! Send pics if you make one like this!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts