Behind the scenes: Cut Here Limited Edition Handbags

Available soon in our Etsy shop, this Cut Here collection is geared towards the handy ladies out there. The ones that make things with their hands. That have more calloused hands than their other half, that express themselves by creating things. Hair stylists, seamstresses, designers, crafters, and more. 

Something about fabric with printed scissors drew me in, and next thing I know, I have a stock pile of 6 different prints. Brown, black, blue, red and teal. Purses will be listed as they are completed, so keep checking back. Back to my work I go, with Doctor Who playing in the background, machine in front of me, that's where I'll be until further notice.

Custom orders available. Email me at sallyannfashion@gmail.com for details.

Comments

  1. Hi Sally, I've been following your blog for a while now and I wanted to know what you do when you're using used materials. Do you cut away the old sewing holes or do you sew over them? If you sew over them, how do you make it look good?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Laura!
      Thanks for reading :). To answer your questions, I generally use a razor blade to rip out old seams and reuse the fabric. And generally speaking, with woven fabrics, the needle doesn't actually puncture the fabric, but it goes BETWEEN the fibers of the fabric. After ripping out the old seams, I take it to my ironing board and spray it with water and iron it. Sometimes there is slight discoloring at the seam allowance where the seam used to be, but most cases, those holes disappear.
      You could also rip out the seam and then wash the fabric. I wash everything before I deconstruct.
      Have fun sewing!
      Sally

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts