Market Days at UNF

Shelby and I are back to work in full swing. With 2-3 pop up stops a week, sewing machine in tow, we're going to dominate this year! We started off with Winter RAM, like the normal Arts Market we do every Saturday, but considerably smaller because of the winter weather. Ha. Florida winter weather is so funny compared to my native Michigan. I worry about my seedlings in my Florida room when the overnight low hits 37, but my family is dealing with 10 degree highs and 12" of snow a few days a week. Wind chills in the -15 range. I count my lucky stars that I'm a Floridian now. 

No joke though, Florida cold is COLD! The humidity isn't just an excuse weak southerners use during the winter months, it is quite chilly. Like down to the bone chills. But once the sun hits, you can't complain about being able to wear a light cardigan and beanie. That's my wardrobe from now until spring. Skinny jeans, slip on ankle boots, a baggy top, and an infinity scarf made by yours truly.

I've been sewing like a maniac, with all kinds of new work up for sale in my shop. For the time being, small accessories that are $10 and under won't be available for sale in my online shop, just on location at University of North Florida Market Days, and Saturday RAM. I'm working on a spring festival tour, and will post the dates as soon as they are confirmed. If interested in headbands, hair bows, or other small things purchased from me in the past, email me for a custom order. 

My favorite part about Market Days at UNF, I sit and sew all day. Most vendors on college campuses stop the kids walking, hand them stuff, and try to grab their attention. I don't have time for that. I'd rather sit back and work, and let people peruse my wares and what not. Yesterday, I even had a little sewing lesson with a student, and let her make an infinity scarf from fabric I had in my tote bag. Such fun. 

Comments

  1. I'm a UNF Alum and did quite a few Market Days when they first started a few years ago! Love your work! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts