Surprise Kitten Handbag

The cat lady in me can't help but show off this new handbag to you all. Made from an old wall hanging that my sister, Rachael, bought for me years ago, this handbag is truly one-of-a-kind. 

This wall hanging was so big, I had a very difficult time wrapping my head around how I was going to make it into a useful handbag, not just a tote. I started by removing it from it's wood frame (see this post for an example) The wall hanging had a small hole next to the paws of the cat, so I clipped a small piece from the bottom of the print, and used stitch witch and zig zag stitching to patch it. 

I decided that I'd keep the wall hanging as is, and make a wrap around handbag, with a fold over design. It took some calculating to figure out the zipper and attachments for the straps, but I'm so happy with the way it turned out! Whatcha think?!



Using scraps, it even has a matching pouch that comes with it! Available for purchase here.

Comments

  1. I love this bag! Great way to reuse a wall hanging!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts