Can you believe this cost $1?!

And who says you can never find nice things at the thrift store? I bought this dress on a trip to Florida to visit my sister. It was an impulse purchase, since I have plenty of black dresses, and probably did not need another. But this one is not like the rest, like all excuses I use when buying something hehe. The circular cut to the skirt gives the dress so much movement. I can't believe I've had this dress for a year and this is the first chance I've worn it. The 90s feel to it can be a little hard to pull off. I felt like being daring and changing the look of the dress.

Saturday night, Matt and I joined our friends for a dinner at one of the best restaurants in town, so we tried to dress it up a bit. I didn't want to look too dressy, as a black dress can be a little too much sometimes. I dressed it down with my short cowboy boots, a thrifted Saks belt, and a necklace from Etsy. Plus the cut of the dress was very comfortable knowing we'd have a huge dinner. It helps when I get that "food baby" after a huge meal, appetizers, and cocktails. You all know what I'm talking about! As women, we're supposed to dress all sexy and appealing, but have the slightest bit of food, and high waisted outfits become very constricting. The baby doll cut was much more comfortable than my usual go-to high waisted cut. Maybe no one else experiences this, but it drives me nuts!

Dress: Salvation Army, $1. Belt: Saks Fifth Avenue, thrifted, $1.
Boots: Leather, thrifted, $3.50. Necklace: VintageEtsy, $15.

And that is not an engagement ring on my finger, so don't ask ha. I have always worn a ring on my left ring finger. I have this twitch that I like to spin a ring counterclockwise on that finger incessently when I'm pondering something. It's a weird tick I've had for years. When Matt and I first started dating and I realized it was getting more serious, I took a break from having a ring on the finger, to experience a bare ring finger, but it couldn't last more than a year. My weird idiosyncrasies won.

Happy Monday everyone. I'm bouncing around my work room to Camera Obscura and sipping on my triple skinny mocha. I hope you all have super productive Mondays!

xo,
Sally

Comments

Popular Posts