Visiting the Parthenon

So, I know what many of you are thinking, and no, Matt and I did not travel back in time to Athens, Greece over the weekend. We stopped in Nashville, Tennessee on our way home from Michigan. I had no idea that there is a full size replica of the Parthenon at the Centennial Park in downtown Nashville. The night before, I met up with my friend Jim, who suggested we stop by the park to see the amazing structure. And wow. So worth it!

Zeus, Matt and I took a little stroll through Centennial Park, where the very polite Zeus decided to do his business in front of the Parthenon. Nice job, dog. Quite embarrassing. He's such a goofball. He had a great time running around the park before the last 6 hours of our drive back to Georgia, ending our 10 day vacation.


Want to know a little secret? The above "dress" I'm wearing is my go-to roadtrip dress. It's like a giant tank top, with a built-in bra made from a cotton poly blend, making it slightly stretchy. I bought it at Goodwill for $3 a few years ago, and it's actually a pajama! Shh! But you'd never know unless you read the tag that says "Intimates" after the name brand. I always dress up the long tank dress with a funky belt and I'm good to go for hours and hours in the car. You have to dress for comfort when you'll be in a car that long! And I'm definitely not about jeans when I just want to sit Indian style or curl up while navigating (Matt doesn't let me drive much because I'm a "bad driver", pfft!).

Can you believe the original Parthenon broke ground in 447 BC?! And it took only 9 years to complete! People always believe we are so smart now compared to previous populations, but that's definitely not the case. We just have different technologies at our disposal. But can you imagine how this was built over 2,500 years ago, with no electricity and modern tools? It boggles my mind! Next time we travel to Nashville, I'd like to tour the inside of this structure. Zeus wasn't allowed inside so we couldn't take the tour.

Have a great day everyone! I'm off to the gym with this handsome man above. Busy weekend getting ready for a three day art festival in September! Hope you all make the most of these last gorgeous summer weekends!

Comments

  1. Crazy how a structure like that was ever built, now AND centuries ago. And wow, why didn't your dog seem so big before? :p He's definitely worth his name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you turned into a history nerd for a minute there. Great photos, I'm glad you got a chance to see it, I knew you'd dig it. Nashville rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO awesome! I've seen the Parthenon in real life before and it was amazing, but I have to say that a full size replica is equally as cool! XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agh I wish I could see the original in Greece! lucky you. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts